7.13.2008

What a fun week!

AS you can see we have had an eventful week! It was super busy but a lot of fun! The pictures are downloaded, out of order and some duplicated, but its all there and I think you will just have fun seeing what we have been up to!So I apologize for the chaos of pictures. We were lucky to spend time with our best friends Lindsay and Kamryn last Tuesday. Derek was there as well and we haven't seen him for a long time, so it was good to see him again too! we ate lunch with some other friends and planned to go to the Hogle Zoo, but it closes at 5pm and we were slow lunch eaters so we opted to go to Thanksgiving Point. They have a petting/look through the fence zoo and the girls loved it! Especially the Pony Rides...they thought they were pretty cool! It was really cute to see them play at the petting zoo. It was a great day ending w dinner at Tepanyaki....so yummy! If you haven't been there please talk to your husband, friends, or just go get in your car and drive yourself up to that place. You will be so glad you did! Its so great! Savanah was afraid of the chef at times, but she thought chopsticks were the coolest! She also thought Cody was amazing because he caught the Shrimp in his mouth and she later informed me that she would practice with me so I could catch Shrimp in my mouth next time we go to that place with the fire! She said we could use cereal or m&m's to practice with! Anyways...We then said our goodbyes or our see ya laters as I'd rather call it to the Corbetts and The Olson'sand headed home. Its always so fun to see them! We hope to get back to their turf before too long! Love you guys! Savanah also did Mini Drill this year and had a ball! There are a few pics of her at that. She walks around singing Shake Your "GrooBe" Thing now!:) She loves dancing....she is her mommas girl after all!!

Then the rest of the pictures are from the ever so fun UTE STAMPEDE! I am currently a Millard County resident. That is a very hard thing for me to admit, but we are living in the city nearest to the Juab Co. line! The distance will never stop a TRUE nephi girl from coming back to the greatest festivities in the state! we started out our Thursday w the western Parade...not my favorite, but you gotta go! Then we took the kids to the City of Fun and germs carnival! They had a ball! Savanah loved the Big Yellow Slide and man did my legs feel it the next day! We went up and down that ginormous slide atleast 10 times...in a row! She is getting to the age that she is being a little more daring to ride, so its fun! we had Cooper, Brooklyn, and Danielle with us and then we saw kaitlyn there too! We spent almost 3 hours there. It was well worth the 25.00 unlimited wrist band and 3.00 lemonade! We made sure to wash our hands thoroughly after that adventure though!

Friday....the Mammoth Parade was a hit! It was a fight for candy at our area, but the bigger kids were nice to let Savanah and both the Coopers have some chances here and there! I really need to work on Savanahs candy snatchin' abilities before next year! BOX OUT BOX OUT! :) It was a pretty good parade. Then we got ready for the whoopin and hollerin' rodeo or RADIO as Savanah would say! Yep you could find us in the box seats right next to the arena! Its a family tradition and its a fun one! we had rodeo burgers, licorice, soda, the whole nine yards! Savanah has fallen asleep the passed few years. I guess thats a sign that she won't be a cowgir! She mostly liked the SPecialty act...The One Armed Bandit! She really didn't like the clown. He spotted her out and came to talk to her and she cried like he was trying to kidnap her! Then he came back over by us a few times, even made a peace offering, but he got the same response. She really thought he was trying to take her sunglasses for some reason so she wouldn't take them off the rest of the night and fell asleep with them on! It was a fun and late night! We woke up like always on Saturday to go the the Chuck Wagon breakfast!

Again...another tradition of my family. Except the time that we go has changed a little. I swear when I was growing up my dad would wake us up at 5:30am so we could get over to the park at 6AM! I dreaded that morning and I always knew it would happen, but this year we showed up around 9am and sure enough there was still plenty of food to go around! The Car Show was nice and the Craft Show was too! I bought Salsa and a little Ford Pinto Car for my brother in-law...looks just like his! See how crafty I am!! Now its SUnday....I taught Primary, went to Kellens homecoming, ate at the lunch for kellen, took way too long of a nap, and now I am wide awake at home! Cody is in Texas for work :( so I guess thats why I am blogging right now! :)







































9 comments:

LTC said...

What a fun new post! :) I love all the pictures...especially the one sleeping with the shades! Sweet! We had such a fun time with you guys and can't wait for the next time! Let's open us a Tepanyaki together...whatcha think??? Love ya...

Lyns said...

Looks like fun! Isn't the Thanksgiving Point Petting Zoo the best? You should have called me - we're like 2 minutes away! LOL! Ah, the Ute Stampede. Best thing ever! Great pics!

Kimi said...

So fun! I am glad you got to spend time with Linds!

The Curtis Family said...

Looks like you are as busy as us. We never seem to slow down. Sounds like you are doing good. Hope all is well.
Marcy

Cherice said...

Hey cute girl!!!! I found your blog, I hope you don't mind me posting. My mom said that your husband works for Platinum. My husband works for them too, we are right now in Memphis TN. What does your hubby do for them??? Email me cherice_magleby@hotmail.com so I can invite you to my blog, I am one of those annoying ones that went private. Your family is so cute, so good to see your doing so well!!!

Cherice

Natasha said...

I hope it's ok that I found your blog from Brian & Rachel's! It's so cute! I just had to tell you that I was laughing out loud that you called the carnival the City of Fun & Germs. That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while! It totally sicks me out. The carnival is by far my least favorite part of the whole Stampede. I'm not really a germ freak (my kids play in the dirt and with the horses and it's no big deal) but I was down there with the hand sanitizer. Yuck!

Hali said...

Such a fun post! Don't we just love Nephi in the summertime. Yay for the "germ" carnival and all the stampede festivities :)

Vanni is adorable, as always. Glad you're having a fun summer.

Jenn Rushton said...

Wow time goes by soooo fast. Vanni is so beautiful. I miss you guys. We need to hang out more. You look so happy Marci. You deserve it!!! Keep in touch. This blog stuff is new to me, but its so fun to keep posted with everyone!

Bree said...

Marci oh my that picture of Vanny sleeping with her glasses on is so cute!!! :)