7.06.2008

Family...

Today has been a great day! I feel like I'm becoming an AVID blogger! I like this blogging stuff...it's like my journal! :) Anyhow...I went to my cousins baby blessing today. As I looked around the small chapel and the congregation atleast a 1/4 of the attendance was FAMILY! I don't know if we are abnormal, but whenever anyone has an event we all go! Its been that way my whole life! I love getting together with my family. Savanah was able to play with all my cousins kids and they had a ball (I wish I would've had my camera). There are so many of them around the same age, so there is never a dull moment! We had a nice lunch and socialized after the blessing and thats always the best! We have some great bakers in the fam! Amy....I could eat a whole batch of your little cupcake things! They were a little piece of heaven! If you haven't ever had Red Velvet Cake then shame on you...you are missing out! This little delectable treat was a chocolate bottom, filled with red velvet cake, and icing on top! To Die for!!! I made a Honey Lime Fruit Salad. It was a recipe from my Leamington cook book. One I could actually do! I'm not the handiest in the kitchen, so recipes with words like poach, a dash, parboiled, and fancy smancy cook lingo I NEVER even attempt. This was a simple cut the fruit, make a little mixture of honey, lime, and pineapple juice, stir, enjoy! I was proud and it went over well. I did bring some home and ofcourse left it in my car once we got home! Thats a goner, so i'll have to make it again sometime!

back to the family....as I was driving home from our fun afternoon i was thinking how lucky I am to have so much family and friends around me. My parents are the best! They would do anything for us. I sometimes feel like I wear out my babysitting welcome w/ my mom, but she can't go longer than 2 days without seeing her little Savanah girl and the same with Savanah! She loves Grandma Lisa and Papa Mo! She called my dad the other day and asked for him to stop at our house on his way home from work and ofcourse like any Papa would he and his 2 carpool guys stopped to see her! It made her day! She would have an eternal sleepover at their house if I let her! They love being grandparents and they do a mighty fine job at it! I wish I was their grandkid! My mom always says that Vani, Coop, and brax are the reason she didn't kill Brady and me! :) I think she is right!!

I also have amazing brothers...and one darling sis-in-law! I love them so much! Brady is married to Tenille and they have Cooper and Braxten! They have recently moved to Utah and I love it! Tenille is getting used to the ways of the promise land. I hope they stick around close! I have so much fun being around them. I don't have a sister, so I always hoped my brothers would marry fun girls...I'm 1 for 2 and i know Shane will pull through for me too! :) Tenille has a whole slug of sisters already...lucky girl! So...Its fun to hang out with her when i can. She is always good to help me w Savanah too. I love you guys! Shane is on a mission and he is doing AMAZING! he will be home in December and I am so excited! Savanah misses him a lot and colors pictures for him atleast once a week! He is the greatest little bro and he was a great friend to me when i moved home for awhile after Savanah was out of the hosiptal. I would say he was the best babysitter, but it would be a lie! Oh...the stories I have! I'm glad Savanah is as normal as she is! He had fun with her! Hide races on blankets, chasing her and making her laugh til she threw up, teasing and teasing and teasing...but all out of love! :)

I also married into a great fam! I was blessed with 3 more brothers! YEAH!!! Casey, Cole, and Cooper! Jim and Leslie(my inlaws) rasied some fine boys! Glad I got one of them. They are actually still raising one...Coop is about to turn 3! he was Heaven sent bc God knew Savanah would need a playmate! I love being with all of them and they are so handy and creative! Its must be genetic bc they can all make things, fix things, create things, and I am just stunned! The buzz on the Rasch side is about Cole...he is getting married to Amber! We love her and she is a sweetie! Savanah already calls her Aunt Amber! I look forward to bonding more with her...yeah another sister! :) I love being a RASCH! NOt only for the cool name, but for the association as well.

Ofcourse I have the cutest family...my husband and daughter! They keep my life going! I often wonder what did I do before Savanah and COdy came along??? I am so blessed that we have such a great relationship. We have been married almost a year now and I have learned so much about being a wife and all the duties that come along with it! I am blessed to have been married in the temple. I am glad we worked together to achieve that goal. It is a comfort and a blessing in our family. We will have Savanah sealed to us in December! I am so excited for that day to come. Nothing compares to sharing your life with a wonderful companion and a darling little girl! How did I get so lucky? Marriage isn't easy and it takes work, but it is all worth it at the end of the day! COdy is a hard worker and I appreciate all he does for me. he has a huge heart and is always so willing to help others out. he has a funny sense of humor and can always make me laugh! Life without family would be really boring!

So...moral to my post...love your family! Be so thankful for all they do and their involvement in your life. No matter how near of far they live from you keep contact. Thats why we are so lucky to have email, blogs, cell phones....I know sometimes life seems overwhelming, but never cut down on family time. My fondest memories are ones spent with family. Ok...I'll hop off my soap box and catch my live wired child and get to bed...hopefully soon! It's summer...who needs a bed time ;)!

6 comments:

Amy Roper said...

Marci-
That was fun to see everyone! And YES, we do have great families! Anyway . . . I'm glad you liked the cupcake bites. They are fun to make. Here is the blog I found them on - it is a fun blog to check out: http://bakerella.blogspot.com
She does some fun, fun things! Good to see you today!
~Amy

The Wright's said...

Hi! Okay.. Your little girl is SOOO cute! I can't believe she is already three. Your little family is darling... You look so happy! Blogging is so great! I am going to add you, so I can keep up on your life k!

casey-trisha smith family said...

I'm so glad to hear i'm not the only one to leave left-overs in the car! I have a real problem with that. Casey asked me if blogger had a warning label for addictive behavior. I said no, but it should because once you start you just can't stop! i'm excited you got the blogging bug too!

Kimi said...

I am with you on family! There is nothing better in the world than family. I love to hear when others are so close to their family as well!

tiffunny said...

family is the best - and especially sisters (and sister-in-laws). I love your mom too and I bet she's a super grandma. Sometimes I really think about moving up to small town Utah just so she could teach all my girls how to dance. Anyways, just found out today one of my friends in my ward is from Leamington. She knows Cody and you guys. Small world.

Tenille said...

I agree family is the best. Your family is the best about supporting each other. I have always loved that about your family. And yes your parents are the best and the best grandparents. Poor Cooper goes through withdrawals if he doesn't see Grandma Lisa every few days. And thanks for being such a great sister in law. We need to start sisters trips with your mom. And tell Savanah that I better still be her favorite aunt:) I better step up my game now that she will have a new aunt:)