8.06.2009

Thank heaven for little girls...





































































































































































































THE PICTURES ARE IN OPPOSITE ORDER...sorry! So, they go from when she got home to when she was born , but you get the idea :)
Most of you probably know we got our little Macy Jane here...6 weeks earlier than planned however! She was born on July 23rd at 1:54am. She weighed 5lbs 4oz and 18in long. I had been to a doctors apt. 2 days prior and been put on bed rest because I was dilated to a 4 and a stitch from my surclouge had ripped...not cool! So, I was put on bed rest! NOT FUN! On Wednesday Cody drove Savanah and I to my moms..knowing I would need a "baby sitter" for myself bc there was no way I would just sit around at home without someone watching me! :) SO...around 1pm my mom was bringing me a salad from One Man Band and as she walked in the door, I was getting ready to walk out the door...to the ER!Savanah was playing with cousins at my Aunt Judys luckily! I had been having mild contractions for a few weeks, but today I just felt like I should go in, plus I was leaking fluid. Off we went to the ER and no I didn't get to eat my lunch & I was quite hungry! Dr. Bailey (my doc whom is great) was doing surgery in Gunnison when I talked to him and he told me to go the the ER, so the On Call Doc checked me out in Nephi, they put me on monitors, started an IV and Antibiotics, and after discussing my condition over the phone with Dr. Bailey the decision to send me to Utah Valley was made...still no lunch for me! :) I was sent by ambulance and thats what started to make me nervous about the whole situation, but I stayed calm. Cody was at work, so he met us there. They took me up to the Labor and Delivery floor and got me set up: IV's, steroid shot (which was KILLER), took blood, hooked me up to the monitors and I was being checked for further dialtion about every hour. The biggest concern was that the other stitches that were still intact would rip through if I began dilating at a faster rate (I was at a 5.5). We waited it out as long as Dr. Warner felt we should. we were hoping the steroid shot would kick in...it is a stimulus to the babies lung development. It was around 11:30pm...I got there just before 4pm...and Dr. Warner made the choice to take out my stitches. I knew a baby would soon follow! Stitches were out, then he broke my water, I QUICKLY dilated after that, got my epidural which didn't kick in for the first 4 -drop you to your knees-contractions,so I got another dose! I don't know how people do it all natural! Anyways...they wheeled me into the OR at 1:20am...I gave 3 wonderful pushes and at 1:54am Macy was born! WOWZER...what a day it was! It was considered an EMERGENCY, but we felt quite calm and all the doctors and nurses made it that way. It was excellent considering what it could have been! Oh and I finally got to eat that morning! I was pretty happy about that! Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE ice chips...seriously, but I was SO happy to see REAL food! Anyways...

Macy was obviously in the NICU, but for only 11 days (Savanah was 90 days)! She had a CPAP-breathing assistance- for only less than a day! Her lungs were in excellent shape! Then she was under the lights for jaundice and thats common, then we had to work on eating! OH joy! SHe actually did really well considering she was learning how to suck, swallow and breath 3 weeks earlier than most babies do at 37 weeks. She was a trooper (just like her big sis was when she was in the NICU)! We stayed in the Hospital Guest House during all this and it was nice to be so close and the facility was nice, but the day we came home was so great! I missed my bed, my kitchen, my bathroom, my car, my TV, inernet access...everything! Best of all Macy was home and healthy where she belonged! We are now on day 4 of being home and Macy is doing great! She is 2 weeks old today and that flew by! She is a good baby and we are just so blessed that she is healthy and well for coming early. I told Cody that Heavenly Father must know that I could never handle going full term with my babies! It is hot, uncomfortable, I was still throwing up, and just not feeling too swell!:) We are thankful we are all back to normal for the most part! Savanah is loving being the Big Sister! She is very helpful...in a good way too! I love my girls...weird to write it plural now! SO...there is our update! I will really try to be more current with my post...really!

16 comments:

lmackay32 said...

Congrats on your new little angel! I am glad that everyone is home and doing well. I can't believe how cute both of your girls are!

Joe and Heidi said...

We are so excited for you guys. You are going to have so much fun watching both of your girls grow together. Call if you need ANYTHING.:)

Lyns said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I can't believe you have TWO!

Amy Roper said...

She is so cute and precious! I love all of the pictures! Congratulations! I have a gift sitting here from the Mangelson Clan that I need to get to you!

Malaree said...

congratulations! She is perfect and I am glad everything is well now!

matesen said...

Congrats! Little Macy is so beautiful! It made my dad's day when Savanah called to tell him she had a new baby sister!

Molly Brenchley said...

She is so cute! Congratulations--can't wait to see her in person.

Kimi said...

Oh I have been waiting for those cute pictures!! I am glad all went smoothly for how scary it was. I am with you though, the worst part of my delivery was how hungry I was too! Kind of funny how that happens. Oh, and I love the hair, when did you do that? Congrats on being home with two beautiful girls!!

Annie Nielson said...

I'm so glad you posted pics of little Miss Macy and the birth story. She is so cute! I can't wait to see her in person--I can't tell who she looks like. You should post a pic of Cody when he was a baby :)

Anyway, congrats! I'm glad she is here and you are all doing well.

Kaydee said...

Hooray! I have been checking your blog nearly daily since I found out you had her so it was nice to see an update. I hope you are all doing well, and congrats on two BEAUTIFUL girls!! (Well, I guess three counting their mother)

Tenille said...

Marcy, glad everything is going well. I have some pics of Macy on my blog if you want to look at them. And I need to get some more of her whenever works for you. Maybe having a heater going will make her fine with being naked? She is a doll.

The Wilson's said...

Congratulations Marci!!!! I am glad that everything turned out great. What a cutie:)

Amber Rasch said...

She's such a sweetie! I miss you guys and hope I get to see you soon! That short little visit last week was just not enough. :)

Kristen said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad everthing is going well. What a cutie she is!

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

Congrats She is beautiful. Glad everyone is doing well. Jake says congratulations to he still asks about you now and then. Thanks for making such a postive inpact on his life your awesome.

JJWright said...

Your little girls are just perfect and we're so happy for all of you and grateful that new little one is here and healthy. Enjoy!