5.31.2009

Where Did May Go?!















Wow! It seems too often that the month passes me by way too quick! A lot happened in May with our little family. April ended with my dance recital over in Leamington. It was a success! I have 21 students and they have all improved so much and I have enjoyed teaching them! It was short, sweet, and to the point! Around that same time Savanah's cat had kittens! Now...I am by far NOT a cat person, but man those kittens are soooo cute! We started out with 6 and are down to 4. They are getting bigger, but are still small enough for me to call them cute! the first part of May was crazy! Its prep time for the BIG ONES...my moms studio recitals! They are a lot of work, but always amazing! This was her 30th year teaching, so I invited all dance students to make her a memory page to put in a book as a gift to show her how much we love her! The book was awesome!! She was so suprised! So many people made pages and she loved it! The week before the recital I had a little 23 week pregnancy scare. It felt like labor pains and flash backs of Savanahs birth haunted me! I went into the clinic and my doctor admitted me because he didn't want to take any chances. They did an ultrasound, ran blood tests, gave me IV fluids, and i was on a monitor over night, and the conclusion drawn was that I was dehydrated and that I needed to TAKE IT EASY! Well...better than labor, but taking it easy hasn't ever been in my vocabulary! Especially the week before the dance recitals! I followed the doctors orders and I have been pretty good since then. It was kind of scary for us though! Then we had March of Dimes with Team Savanah Lili! We had over 50 people walk on our team! We were the biggest team at the event...it was so great to have so many people support us and support March of Dimes! Savanah is getting so big! Infact she just had her 4 year pictures taken and i was previewing them and started crying! It's a good thing we have a new baby on the way because Savanah is growing up too fast! It seems like yesterday I was bringing her home from the NICU...scared out of my mind thinking how am I going to raise her?! She has done excellent and she is so smart and sassy, but I don't know what I would do with out her! I was so proud of Savanah when she graduated from the Apple Academy! The program was just adorable! The kids listen to Ms. Josalyn so well! She is simply amazing! Savanah has loved preschool, her classmates, and teacher! It was such a good thing for Savanah to be in school! She learned so much and she is already anxious for next year to start! Anyways...next adventure was FAMILY VACATION! It was so nice to get away, to see my husband, and relax! We are both busy, hard working people, so to take time off was well deserved. We drove the Coast from San Fransisco into Oregon. If you have never seen the coast...you need to! It was beautiful and so green! The beaches were nice too! It was too cold to actually swim, but savanah loved playing in the sand with COdy and they built dozens of Sand Castles. We camped a little, ate good food, and just enjoyed the ride! Savanah was a trooper! She rode so well for so long! She kept us entertained thats for sure. Now May is over! I can't believe it's summer! Now..onto drill camp, Savanahs b-day, swim lessons, Cody's b-day, holidays, and before I know it the baby will be here! Time flies when you're having FUN! Here are some pictures of our adventures. Enjoy!

5 comments:

JJWright said...

We plan to do a west coast tour when I retire. I have always wanted to see the ocean from somehwere Oregon since our ward member Lamar Taylor talked about going there on his mission and how beautiful it is. Love the pictures....now I want to see it myself.

LTC said...

Yay for new posts! Love the new pics...miss you guys!

Kimi said...

WOW!! Scary Marci! I am glad it all turned out ok. Looks like the vacation was a blast. I am off all summer so we should get together for lunch one day. It would be so fun to see you!

Amber Rasch said...

I love Oregon! It's so beautiful there. I'm glad you guys got away and had lots of fun! We forgot you were gone and came to visit you that Saturday...we hung out with Gilbert for a minute. :)

Jenny said...

Great pics! I love the Portland temple! So pretty!